Tuesday, July 14, 2015

It’s Over, COS is Here

I know it’s the primary job of a fashion writer to share, but this time I’m sorry to say, I am doing it unwillingly. My best-kept fashion secret, my “yet to be undiscovered by all” source of style and my sole reason for traveling to Europe, is now opening here, right in my backyard at, South Coast Plaza.

COS (Collection Of Style) is going to open at South Coast Plaza. That’s it, I’ve written it down and now I feel my stomach churn. It was supposed to be my little secret, and now my last bastion of style is here for everyone else to enjoy too. Right next to its sister store H&M.

Last year it opened its first US store in our neighboring Los Angeles, but somehow, I could handle that. The Beverly Drive store didn’t launch with a big bang and much to my relief, didn’t receive many accolades,

My only consolation is that its name, COS (not so pretty in Farsi) will hopefully be off putting to my Persian friends. I’m also hoping so will its, androgynous, minimalist, over sized silhouettes (which I am obsessed with). Everything, which I adore in my closet, is by COS, and so far I was the only one that owned it.  That’s all about to change.

I’ve got my fingers crossed and I’m praying that its way too simple fashion will be a major disappointment to all the the label obsessed OC fashionistas, and that hopefully it will close shop in a few months and go back to far-far away Sweden and NOT follow in the footsteps of ABBA and IKEA.

AMEN.

COSSTORES.COM

No comments: